BRC Website Home
Quainton Virtual Stockbook - Where are they now?
This 60ft long vacuum-operated turntable came from Hitchin, arriving at Quainton on the 3rd June 1978. The last steam locomotive reported to have been turned on this turntable was 7029 Clun Castle in 1964 when running tours out of Kings Cross. It was intended that it would be installed in the Up Yard, probably between the Weighbridge Hut and Rewley Road Visitor Centre.
|Origin :-||GNR||Date Built :-||1933||Number :-||8560|
|Type :-||Turntable||Builder :-||Ransomes and Rapier|
|Status :-||In Store||Location :-||Up Yard|
Text © Quainton Railway Society / Photographs © Quainton Railway Society or referenced photographer
Page Updated: 06 October 2017