BRC Website Home
Quainton Virtual Stockbook - Railway Plant, Structures and Buildings
This standard Jubilee K6 GPO Telephone box was designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott to commemorate the Jubilee of King George V in 1935. It is made from cast iron sections that were bolted together. The door is made from teak. A full history of the K6 telephone box is provided on The Telephone Box website.
It is not connected to the telephone network and although there was never a phone box at Quainton Station when the station was active, it is however an easily recognised part of the 20th Century British street scene.
|Origin :-||GPO||Date Built :-||????||Number :-||N/A|
|Type :-||Structure||Builder :-||GPO||Owner||QRS|
|Status :-||Operational||Location :-||Up Yard|
Text © Quainton Railway Society / Photographs © Quainton Railway Society or referenced photographer
Page Updated: 16 October 2017