BRC Website Home
Quainton Virtual Stockbook - Goods Vehicles
Goods Brake Vans - Permanent Way Vehicles
LNER Permanent Way Brake Van DE306307
DE306307 is a brake van with riding accommodation for Engineer's staff and was purpose-built, rather than a conversion as on other regions. It has separate compartments and doors for the Guard and Permanent Way staff. The design, based on NER practice, was for a van with 27' 0" over the headstocks.
It is believed the original livery for this vehicle was Oxford Blue, then Bauxite Brown, and latterly Olive Green. It has been restored in an Oxford Blue livery. It carried the number DE306307 from new and spent most of its working life in the Tyne Docks area, and was acquired out of BR service from Thornaby in September 1991.
|Origin :-||LNER||Date Built :-||1949||Number :-||DE306307|
|Diagram :-||203||Lot :-|
|Type :-||20 ton||Builder :-||R Y Pickering, Wishaw,
|Wheelbase :-||15' 0"|
|Owner :-||QRS members||Status :-||Being restored||Location :-||Up Yard|
|Accession No.:||N/A||Arrival Date :-||1991|
Text © Quainton Railway Society / Photographs © Quainton Railway Society or referenced photographer
Page Updated: 27 September 2017