BRC Website Home
Quainton Virtual Stockbook - Where are they now?
Box Van LMS 327466
An example of early LMS practice, this wagon was built at Wolverton in 1925 to drawing No. 5669, of 12-ton capacity. Its last general repair was at Derby in 1954, and was last used by British Rail as a stores vehicle at Banbury locomotive depot. After the shed closed it was moved to the station goods yard for use by mechanical staff servicing the resident Class 08 shunter. Steps were added during its time at Banbury. Oil and some spares were stored in it until condemned in March 1979, and offered for sale. It arrived at Quainton later that year.
|Origin :-||LMS||Date Built :-||1925||Number :-||327466|
|Type :-||Box Van||Builder :-||LMS Wolverton|
Text © Quainton Railway Society / Photographs © Quainton Railway Society or referenced photographer
Page Updated: 23 September 2015